Cannabis Tea: What is it, and how do you make it?
Tea is one of the most natural and beneficial drinks that a person can consume with a long, rich history. You may be familiar with many more traditional teas like green tea, black tea, and Chamomile, but did you know you can make cannabis tea? It’s true, and it comes with all sorts of benefits.
What is cannabis tea?
Cannabis tea is simply another way to ingest cannabis but in a familiar and calming method. Tea that has been infused with cannabis can have many similar benefits as edibles, which means that the effects will be slightly delayed because it needs to travel through your digestion before it can reach your bloodstream.
What are the effects of cannabis tea?
The exact effects you may feel from cannabis tea will depend on the cannabinoids in the cannabis as well as how you chose to prepare your tea. While we will cover one method of preparing tea, there are several ways to do so, and they can have slight differences in how they may impact you. Here are some of the potential ways that cannabis tea can help you.
- Manage anxiety
- Fight insomnia
- Improved gut health
- Manage chronic pain
- Improves lung health
How do you measure cannabis tea?
The general rule in preparing cannabis tea is that 1 gram of cannabis is about serving one pot of tea. However, that rule is not necessarily 100 percent accurate all the time. Another way you can measure your cannabis is to add a zero to the end of the cannabinoid percentage. For instance, if you are using a strain that claims it has 5 percent THC, that could equate to 50 mg in your finished tea, but even this serving size method isn’t entirely accurate either. These are just guidelines that can better help you to visualize how to set the portions. The best thing you can do in preparing your tea is to be a little conservative in your measurements rather than simply throwing caution to the wind. Remember, cannabis tea is just like any other edible and can be extremely potent.
How do you prepare cannabis tea?
- You are going to need a few things before you can begin making your cup of relaxing cannabis tea. Here are some things (and a few extras) that you will want to gather before beginning.
- Cannabis butter or oil
- Teabag or loose leaf of choice
- Honey (make it cannabis honey for added effects)
- Mug and spoon
- Place about one teaspoon of cannabis butter or your cannabis oil into your mug.
- Add your teabag or loose leaf tea to your mug.
- Pour boiled water into your mug and stir the mixture until the cannabis infused items are dissolved.
- Now, you may want to begin to add additional flavorings to help suppress the taste of the cannabis oil or butter. Honey is always a great choice to help in this case, but a cinnamon stick or ginger can also help.
- Allow your tea to sit for about 3 minutes before you begin to taste it. Some people prefer to take their teabag out for the perfect cup, but if the cannabis taste is too strong, it may allow for a longer steep.
Cannabis tea can be a great way to relax after a particularly stressful day or just an easy way to help manage your symptoms, whether chronic pain or anxiety. It is a healthier way to consume cannabis than a standard edible, which is usually full of extra fats and sugars. However, if you don’t like the recipe listed above, there are other ways to prepare your Cannabis tea. You are not limited solely to using Cannabis butter/oil; you could even use ground Cannabis if you wanted but make sure that you are taking the necessary precautions to ensure that you are doing it right.
Whatever you choose to do, Cannabis tea is a relaxing way to consume Cannabis, so grab your honey, milk, and your favorite book and enjoy your night at home.